Sunday, October 30, 2011

The "Trying Twos"

I know, I know, it's hard to believe that this little sweetheart would give her parents any trials. Whether it was the transition to BigSisterhood or just the fact she's passed 26 wonderful months, we did experience some major behavior issues in early October. The favored offense to assert her rebellion was a phase of hitting Mom and Dad... particularly at bedtime.

Luckily for her, she was blessed with a diligent and creative disciplinarian for a Father. Besides the obvious punishment ( no stories and cuddling if you hit Dad before bed....) I wanted to record a few of my favorites:

- Upon waking up the next morning with her usual panic "MOM! DAD! CATHERINE! OPEN THE DOOR! I'm HUUUUNNNNNGGRRRRRRYYYYY" and immediate breakfast, Claire was sad to hear that since she hit Mommy last night, it was really hurting Mommy and she had to have a bandaid. Since Daddy had to take care of Mommy, she was going to need to go back in her room and wait about 10 minutes before he could get breakfast.

- A few nights later, some of Claire's animals and dolls (Violet, Erin, Emily Elizabeth to be exact) saw Claire hit Mommy. Accordingly, they were sooooo scared of Claire that they didn't want to play with her anymore. They asked to sit on a shelf for a few days unti they saw whether Claire was sweet. Because friends only like girls who are sweet!
Posted by Picasa