Catherine Grace Enzaldo 10 months
First Words!
At about 7 months, you were repeating "Da da," frequently to your Dad, but then you stopped. However, last week, Nana thought she heard you saying a few words, but I didn't believe her since you are younger than Claire was when she began speaking. Anyway, I confirmed this week that you are definitely consistently saying "Mama," "Woof," and "yum yum" . You are also signing "more" and "all done" pretty well.
Eating
Seeking independence! You have basically self-weaned in the last few weeks. Since about 9 months, I saw it coming and tried to nurse more frequently to keep my supply up, but you have just been to distracted to "waste time" with the slow process of nursing. I'm struggling a bit with guilt since I nursed Claire till 12 months, but at the same time the freedom and effeciency of drinking (formula) from a cup are a lot of fun! Also, you have pretty much rejected babyfood from a spoon, preferring finger foods like your big sister.
Favorites
You have begun to LOVE books and balls. Since you are starting to move around a bit (still army crawl or scooting on your bottom), you are able to chase around a toy truck and love to play "Go Get it!"
Precious Memory
Waking up every morning (or nap) : "Catherine, can you put your paci in your crib please?" Without fail, you grab your pacifier, hang it over the crib, hesitating, then quickly shove it back in your mouth. After a few of these "false starts," you succeed.
