Two days after your due date, in perfect alignment with your dad's prediction, you entered the world. This is the story of that day.
On Wednesday (17th, one day after due date) I went to the doctor for a NST to be sure you were vibrant and healthy despite being "post dates." The midwife (Nissa) performed a procedure that was hoped to precipitate labor within the next several days. I went home to an empty house and wondered how to spend the time waiting for labor to begin. I decided to bake cookies for Daddy. (Oatmeal craisin if you want to know!)
I began having some back aches and rested for a bit. When Daddyand Claire came home we rested together a bit then made taco salad and ate together. When we sat down for dinner, somehow I knew this would be our last family meal with just the three of us... next time there would be four! We walked to Sterne Park, which seemed to help increase contractions, although they were still not very strong.
Contractions increased and after watching Meet the Parents together , laughing through contractions and then slowly not laughing, we decided to call Annette and Valente to pick up Claire "just in case." At this point, contractions were about 2 minutes apart but very short, about 30 seconds. After a walk around the block at about midnight, a bath / shower, and nothing letting up, we decided to head to the hospital (about 1am).
After arriving at the hospital, registering, checking in, etc., they checked me and found I was at about a 5. I requested the epidural right away and finally got it about an hour later. (3am?) After some light rest, at about 7am, Nissa broke my water and we began to prepare to push. I pushed about 30 minutes and you were born at 8:58am. A healthy, perfect little angel!
Lisa and Cathy came to meet you in the delivery room shortly after your birth and Annette, Valente, Julie, and Claire came later that afternoon. You were also visited by Uncle John, Erin, Uncle Chris, and Papa. Everyone was very excited to welcome you into the world!
