Thursday, August 4, 2011

To my FIRST Baby Girl...

Dear Claire,
I've noticed this week that while my heart overflows to meet your 'baby shisster" soon, there is a sadness in my heart as we welcome the newest Enzaldita to the family. I know that things will never be the same for you, your world will never be quite as it is now. Our daily life now is simple, beautiful, and entirely focused on you! At the same time, you have really become a Best Friend to me.... your humor, independence, and vocabulary keep me genuinely interested in you in a way I never thought possible two years ago! While I mourn the loss of our solo time together, I do believe in my heart that the change which comes with your new baby sister is one that will change both of us for the good. Please forgive me for some of the stress that is coming to your world.... and teach me to trust our Father with the same abandonment that you trust your Daddy.

I love you, Little Sweets!